Dr. Melissa Ochotsky, DVM - Owner
Melissa graduated from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in Saskatoon.
She has a managerie of dogs and cats, as well as 1 horse with whom she participates in show jumping competitions.
Melissa enjoys keeping very busy with a multitude of extracurricular activites, which include hiking, running, yoga and gardening.
- Has never taken a sick day in the history of Westwood Heights' existence.
- Participated in the 2014 24-Hour Death Race and finished 1st in her category.
Vanessa, Office Manager; VOA
Vanessa started working at Westwood July 19th, 2007 and marks the anniversary on her calendar every year. She will probably retire when Melissa does because she can't imagine working anywhere else.
Since 2007, Vanessa has adopted 5 (and a half) pets from Westwood; 4 dogs and 1 cat. Currently, she has 2 cats - Kitty & MEOWZA! - and an ancient Maltipoo named Lupo, who is the love of her life & soul mate.
(The 1/2 dog is a dog she foster-failed who was then adopted by her parents.)
On her days off, Vanessa enjoys sleeping and cuddling with her pets.
- Is obsessed with pugs and already has 3 of her future pugs' names picked out.
- Lupo owns more clothes than her.
Natalie is Westwood's beloved tech extraordinaire.
She started out at Westwood as a volunteer when she was in grade 12. When she graduated from the Douglas College Veterinary Technology program in 2011, we were in need of a tech and she was at the top of our list. We gave her a call and the rest is history. <3
Natalie has 3 dogs and 2 cats; Half brother poms Henry & Carlton, a pitty named Brixton, a Ragdoll named Molly and a special little guy named Mr. Magoo (See Nat's "Fun Facts" box on the right!).
- Is guaranteed to one day be a "crazy cat lady"
- Is the mother to local internet sensation Mr. Magoo The Cat
Miranda started at Westwood Heights in November 2016 after graduating from the Douglas College VOA Program. She has always had hamsters and a lizard as pets, but is currently petless. She does spend a lot of time with her "nephew" dog Emmet and enjoys many extracurricular activities with him. Adopting a pet in need from here is pretty much a rite of passage for everyone who works/has worked here so... all in good time. ;)
Miranda works full time here, and when she's not hanging out with Emmet she enjoys hiking.
- Is the 2nd youngest sibling of 7!
- Has a total of 18 piercings!
- Hobbies include:
- Looking at makeup
- Buying makeup
- Applying makeup
Sarah was hired in August of 2017 after finishing her practicum with us and graduating from the Douglas College VOA Program. She has 2 cats; a sassy calico named "Sophie" and a mischevious girl named "Ava" whom she adopted from Westwood as a kitten.
When Sarah isn't working with animals (which is never, since she's doing something animal-related 24/7) she enjoys baking, make-up artistry, and cuddling/napping with her cats.
- Bakes the best cinnamon rolls you'll ever eat.
- Is one of the funniest people you'll ever meet.
- Loves cheese.
- Is a self-proclaimed expert taco connoisseur.
- Can save your life anytime, anywhere.
Jen started at Westwood in May of 2012 after completing the Douglas College VOA program. After completing her 3 week practicum with us, we knew we never wanted to say goodbye so we invited her to join our team. She left for a short time in 2013 to pursue other endeavors, but realized she needed us as much as we needed her and has been here ever since.
Jen has a Cocker Spaniel named Lui - her pride and joy - and a feisty cat named Dexter, whom she adopted through Westwood from a local shelter we deal with.
Jen is literally the nicest person you will ever meet in your entire life and we, as well as our clients, are so lucky to have her as one of the first faces you see when you walk into the clinic.
- Favorite dog breed: American Cocker Spaniel.
- Is actually a Disney princess.
- Drives all the way from Mission to work here. #Dedication #Loyalty
Robin's family has been bringing their pets here for years. When she graduated, Robin applied to be a volunteer at Westwood to get some experience as she was starting university to one day apply to vet school. After about a year of being such a great volunteer, in 2015 we decided she deserved to be on the payroll. She works here part time while also attending university, and in the little spare time she has she plays and coaches field hockey.
Robin has 2 dogs, a Retriever named Molly and a Pomeranian mix named Raja.
- Loves to ski.
- Loves to knit.
- Is an old lady, deep down.
Drew has been working at Westwood since she was born. She started out raising litters of kittens and, as stated in her "Fun Facts" box, she is still doing that to this day.
She has several pets including 1 horse with whom she participates in competitive show jumping.
When she is not at work, university, or training at the barn, Drew can be found doing anything that involves being ridiculously fit.
- Is Dr. Ochotsky's daughter!
- Is also an avid & accomplished equestrian, participating in and winning ribbons in countless competitions since childhood.
- Is very involved with the Langley Animal Protection Society and has raised many litters of orphaned kittens for the shelter.